Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A New Product Review

This is not my usual kind of musing but I thought I would share some info on a great new product I have discovered for the galley, that would be a kitchen for most of you. To be totally honest I am not sure it is a "new" product but it is new to me and I am so glad I tried it. Those clever people that make aluminum foil with a non-stick side (which I don't use but a friend swears by) are also producing a product called Reynold's Slow Cooker Liners. They remind me of the roasting bags that are sold for turkey except that these fit into the "crock" part of the cooker and contain all the "messy" stuff. I love using a crock pot and having dinner ready without much last minute effort on my part; however I hate having to deal with the messy leavings in the bottom after I have roasted meat. The liner solves that problem nicely I can slow cook the pulled pork/chicken, lift the meat out to cool, when the pot has cooled just lift out the liner and neatly dispose of it in the trash can. No need to worry about clogging a drain or finding a container to hold the greasy liquid. The cost seems reasonable to me, I think it was about $2.49 for a package of 4 bags and that was at a small town grocery store so you may find them even cheaper.

No comments: